1.18.2010

Jake is 1 :)

Yes, yes, this is very late.  What are you gonna do - kick me off the internet?  Well, my computer does a pretty good job of that...hence, I have not been able to do much on this blog because I keep getting kicked out.  Anywho...I want to upload more pictures, but I am not going to risk it right now.

Here he is eating cake for the first time!  We had our families over on Sat. the 9th for a bday party for Jake, it was really fun!  Thanks to everyone who made it a special day :)  I wish that I could have invited everyone who knows and loves Jake, but let's face it, our house is just a little too small for that!



On his actual birthday, Jan. 8, it snowed....and I got a 2 hour delay!!  Cool present for all of us :)

1 year stats: 25.5 lbs, 30 inches tall, head - extra large - don't know the actual measurement - haha!

Things he likes to do right now:
-use his activity walker to run across the room
-throw blocks behind him
-pull up on everything he's not supposed to
-play with anything that plays music
-sit and read with us, he actually likes this, I'm not just making it up - the more independent he gets the more he seems to want to sit with us every now and then
-sit on his"Mini-Miller" bench in the hallway and dive off it
-stand up by himself for about umm...2 seconds
-take about umm...2 steps before falling over
-chasing Phoebe
-standing at the gate
-MILK
-BREAD
-he'll eat pretty much everything, minus green beans, but his favorite things are bread and meat
-take naps (well, he doesn't really like this, but he does it really well...praise God!)

This has been the most amazing year of our lives.  We used to have a hard time imagining our lives with a kid, now we can't imagine life without him!  We love you, Jake!

2 comments:

J. Trigiani said...

Ahhh... Happy Birthday Jake!! Hope you had an awesome birthday with your family! Taylor can't wait to come back and play!!

schaible said...

yay yay yay. i want to meet this little fella.